Beetroot and Feta Tart
A quick and tasty meal perfect for work and school lunches!
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- ½ jar (about ⅓ cup) Barker’s NZ Beetroot Relish
- 1 egg
- 1 sheet rolled puff pastry, thawed
- Butter or oil for greasing the tins
- A handful of rocket and baby spinach mix, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (200ºC fan-forced, 425ºF, gas mark 7).
- Place goat’s cheese in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add NZ Beetroot Relish and egg. Mix well.
- Grease two fluted 12cm loose-bottom tart tins with butter or oil.
- Cut puff pastry sheet across to form two triangles. Place pastry over the tins, and then press gently into the base and sides, removing air from underneath. Press your hand over the edge of the tins to cut off excess pastry. Prick the pastry base around with a fork.
- Divide the goat’s cheese mixture between the two tins. Bake tarts in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove tart tins from oven and allow the tarts to settle for a couple of minutes (the filling will swell).
- Remove tarts from tins and serve topped with a handful of rocket and baby spinach greens.
For more inspirational Barker's recipes go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it