Chorizo, Basil & Lemon Fettuccine
- 150g fettuccini
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ tbsp oil
- 2 chorizo sausages
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 300ml cream
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Parsley (optional)
- Boil 150g dried fettuccini in a large saucepan of salted water. Cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Stir occasionally. Drain in a colander.
- Roughly chop 1 bunch asparagus and blanch in boiling water, drain and place immediately in a bowl of iced water to stop the asparagus from cooking and to keep the bright green colour.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a frypan till hot. Fry 2 sliced chorizo sausages for 2 minutes, turning and cooking the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the juice and zest of 1 lemon to the frypan. Add 300ml cream, 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste, 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Basil and blanched asparagus, cook for 2-3 minutes until cream starts to bubble and asparagus is warmed through.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and toss fettuccine through sauce. Serve garnished with a sprinkle of Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Parsley.
For more Gourmet Garden recipes and inspiration check out gourmetgarden.com/en/recipe.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it