Citrus Glazed Ham
An evergreen dish to impress your guests this Christmas
- 1/2 leg cooked ham
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornflour
- 70g shelled pistachio nuts
- 150g glace mixed peel
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the glaze ingredients well then heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cut the skin around the shank end of the ham, about 8cm down from the top. Starting from the thicker end, carefully run your clean fingers under the skin to remove it. Leave the shank end intact. You should finish with a smooth layer of fat.
- Line a baking pan with foil. Place the ham on top. Using the tip of a small sharp knife, score the fat diagonally across the face of the ham, about every 2cm. Turn the ham and repeat the scoring at right angles to produce a diamond effect.
- Brush well with the glaze. Bake for about 45 minutes, turning and brushing with more glaze every 15 minutes. Remove to a serving platter and garnish with the pistachios and mixed peel.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it