Lamb with Cranberry Almond Stuffing & Verde Sauce
- ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons each: finely chopped rosemary, parsley
- Finely grated rind 1 orange
- ¼ cup each: dried cranberries, grated parmesan, slivered almond
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1.2 kg butterflied lamb leg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped mixed herbs
- ½ cup finely chopped mint
- ¾ cup chopped coriander
- ¼ teaspoon each: ground ginger, cumin
- Finely grated rind & juice 1 lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 185°C. Combine all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl
- Open out the lamb, skin side down. Remove any sinew, being careful not to cut holes in the meat. Season. Spread the stuffing over the lamb leaving a 2cm border. Roll up tightly. Tie with string at 2cm intervals. Transfer to a roasting dish. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs.
- Roast for about 1 hour for every kg of meat and stuffing or until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 65-68°C for medium or 75°C for well done.
- To make the verde sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend well.
- Remove the lamb to a warm platter, tent with foil and rest for 20 minutes. Remove the string and slice. Serve with the verde sauce, roast potatoes and your favourite green vegetables.
Make sure you check out more Selaks Roast Day recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it