Apricot and Cranberry Truffles
These gluten free truffles are a perfect Christmas treat
- 1 cup dried apricots
- ½ cup dried cranberries (or other dried fruit such as dates, raisins, sultanas)
- 2 Sanitarium Gluten Free Weet-Bix
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 75g white chocolate* to drizzle
- Start by lining a tray with baking paper.
- Place the apricots, cranberries, Gluten Free Weet-Bix and caster sugar in the bowl of a food processor*. Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the orange juice and pulse until combined.
- Form the mixture into 30 small balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl and stand it over a bowl of boiling water until the chocolate has melted. Drizzle the balls with the melted chocolate and chill until set.
Serves 30. Made in 30 minutes.
*An alternative to using a food processor is to simply chop the apricots and cranberries and place in a large mixing bowl. Finely crush the Weet-Bix into the fruit mix, and stir in the sugar. Add the orange juice little by little, mixing as you go, and then return to step 4 above.
For more Sanitarium recipes and inspiration check out sanitarium.co.nz/recipes.
A NOTE ON MAKING SURE THIS RECIPE IS GLUTEN FREE: The recipe above is based on ingredients that are typically gluten free. It is the responsibility of the consumer to always check the ingredients on the manufacturer’s labels before consuming their products.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it