Easter Egg Nests by Chelsea NZ
Make Easter super fun with these edible coconut flavoured nests
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup Chelsea White Sugar
- 2 cups coconut
- ½ tsp Hansell’s Red food colouring
- ½ tsp Hansell’s Blue food colouring|
- ¼ tsp Hansell’s Yellow food colouring
- ¼ tsp Hansell’s Blue food colouring
- Using a fork, lightly beat the egg whites. The egg white is beaten enough when there are not stringy bits of egg white hanging off the fork.
- Mix in the Sugar and coconut. Divide the mixture into three even portions and place each portion in a bowl. Add red food colouring to one bowl and mix to combine. Add blue food colouring to the second bowl and mix to combine. Add yellow and blue food colouring to the third bowl and mix to combine.
- Place ¼ of a cup of mixture onto a baking paper covered oven tray. Using the back of a tablespoon, press the spoon into the mixture to form a hollow nest area. Bake at 180°C for 8 to 10 minutes. Fill with small Easter eggs as pictured.
For more inspirational Chelsea recipes go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it