Fijian Ginger & Kerikeri Mandarin Brownie
The dash of citrus and ginger adds a nice zesty, warm and spicy flavour to these dark brownies.
- 200g butter
- 3/4 cup dark cocoa (Dutched is best)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups raw or white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g Whittaker’s Fijian Ginger and Kerikeri Mandarin Artisan block.
- Melt butter on a low heat and add cocoa. Mix together. Add 4 eggs and mix together. Add sugar and vanilla extract. Chop up the chocolate and add to wet mix. Sieve in flour, salt and baking powder, fold into wet mixture.
- Place in a square baking tin 21 cm x 21 cm with high sides.
- Bake at 180°C for approx. 40-50 mins. For a crusty top leave in the oven for an extra ten minutes with heat turned off.
Garnish options: Crystallised ginger or extra chopped chocolate.
For more about Whittaker's chocolate, go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it