French Toast with Bacon & Maple Syrup
Great served with fresh fruit
- 1¼ cups cream
- 3 eggs
- Grated rind 1 orange
- 1 French stick
- 4 rashers middle bacon
- 1 Tbsp each: butter, canola oil
- ½-¾ cup maple syrup
- Whisk the cream, eggs and orange rind well. Slice the bread into 3cm rounds. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow casserole dish. Pour the egg mixture over to cover evenly. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Cook the bacon either in a non-stick frying pan or in the microwave for about 4-6 minutes, until crisp.
- To cook, heat the butter and oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the bread on medium heat until set and golden on both sides.
- Drizzle with the maple syrup and serve with the bacon.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it