Green Pea Gazpacho
A starter prepared in minutes.
- 2½ cups (400g) frozen green peas
- 3 Tsp chopped mint
- 2 Tsp lime juice
- 2 Tsprice vinegar
- 2 Tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small green chilli, seeded & diced
- 1-2 cups iced water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Garnish: diced cucumber, green capsicum, croutons
- Cook the peas and mint until just tender. Drain and refresh in icy water. Drain well.
- Puree the peas in a blender or food processor, until smooth. Season.
- Add a little iced water if too thick. Chill.
- Whisk the lime juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, garlic, chilli and seasonings together. Add enough iced water to the pea mixture to create the consistency of your choice.
- Add the lime juice mixture and whisk until smooth. Garnish.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it