Hawke’s Bay Braeburn Apple & Vanilla Cupcakes
Surprise someone special with these fluffy cupcakes finished with a scrumptious Apple, Vanilla and White Chocolate icing.
This recipe requires 3 blocks of Whittaker’s Apple and Vanilla Artisan block
Apple and Vanilla Cupcakes
- 145g Whittaker’s Apple and Vanilla Artisan block
- 1 ½ cups (210g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (245g) whole milk
- 2/3 cup (135g) sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
Apple, Vanilla and White Chocolate Icing
- 85g Whittaker’s Apple and Vanilla Artisan block (70g left for decoration)
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 230g butter, softened
- 5 cups icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C on bake and line cupcake trays with paper cases.
- Break 230g of chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Fill a smaller bowl with boiling water, and place the bowl of chocolate on top. This will ensure no water makes contact with the chocolate. Stir until a smooth consistency is achieved, then set aside to cool until the chocolate reaches room temperature.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs into the wet mix one at a time, followed by 145g of the cooled chocolate.
- After the chocolate has been mixed in, continue beating the wet mix, adding in the dry mix and flour in three alternating parts to maintain a smooth and even batter.
- Pour mixture into the paper cases until 2/3 full.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until a metal skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 85g of cooled chocolate (i.e. the remainder of the melted chocolate).
- Slowly beat in icing sugar and milk, alternating between the two ingredients to achieve a good consistency.
- Once combined, beat the mixture on high for approximately two minutes, or until the icing can hold a peak.
- Pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes and place halved squares of chocolate on top for decoration.
For more about Whittaker's chocolate, go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it