Hearty Vegetable Soup
Served with Pumpkin, Courgettes & Pesto
- 210g packet King Hearty
- Vegetable Traditional Soup Mix
- 10 cups water
- 3 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Place the contents of the soup mix packet into a large saucepan. Add the water, cover, bring to the boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the pumpkin and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the courgettes and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Serve with a dollop of pesto.
- Brown 3 diced rashers of bacon in a little oil in the saucepan before adding the soup mix and water. Leftover soup keeps well for several days if covered and refrigerated.
- Select low or high on your slow cooker. If your slow cooker has one setting, use the low cooking guide below.
Cooking on low
- Add 9 cups of HOT water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 8-10 hours, or
- Add 9 cups of BOILING water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 6-7 hours
Cooking on high
- Add 9 cups of COLD water to the slow cooker, stir in the King Soup Mix and cook for 6-7 hours.
Make sure you check out more King soup recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it