Lamb Curry with Kumara and Spinach
- 750g diced Quality Mark lamb forequarter
- 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- 1 cup Campbell’s Real Stock - Beef
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 400g orange-fleshed kumara or pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 150g packet of baby leaf spinach
- Steamed rice to serve
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and brown in a dash of oil in a hot frying pan. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Stir together the curry paste, beef stock, coconut milk and pour over the lamb. Scatter in the kumara or pumpkin, and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-5 hours. Stir in the spinach leaves, cover and cook a further few minutes until the spinach has wilted. Serve with steamed rice.
- Oven cooking instructions: Prepare the casserole as above, adding an extra 1 cup of beef stock. Cook in a lidded ovenproof dish at 160 C for 90 minutes.
Serves 4. Made in 8 hours.
For more Campbell's recipes and inspiration check out campbellskitchen.co.nz/recipes.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it