Thai Beef & Sweet Potato Curry
- 1-1.5kg lean Quality Mark beef for casseroling
- 1 tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 3 tbsp Thai-style red curry paste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 medium, orange-fleshed kumara, peeled and diced
- 400g can coconut milk
- 1½ cups Campbell’s Real Stock - Beef
- 1-1½ cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Shredded coconut, as garnish (optional)
- Cut the beef into 2-2.5cm pieces and season with salt and pepper. Brown the meat in a dash of oil in a hot frying pan; this is best done in 2-3 batches. With the last batch of meat, add the onions and curry paste and cook until fragrant.
- Put the beef mixture into the slow cooker with the garlic, kumara, coconut milk and stock, and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Stir in the peas and coriander, re-cover and continue cooking on high for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in bowls garnished with shredded coconut and accompany with steamed rice and prawn crackers
Serves 8. Made in 4 hours.
For more Campbell's recipes and inspiration check out campbellskitchen.co.nz/recipes.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it