BBQ Butterflied Rosemary Chicken
Rosemary gives a lovely summary flavour to this BBQ dish!
- No. 16 chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup each: white wine vinegar, olive oil
- 2 tablespoons small rosemary sprigs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- To butterfly the chicken, insert a heavy, sharp knife in the cavity and cut down the backbone. Open the chicken up, skin-side down and flatten the breastbone. Cut the backbone from the chicken. Remove the ribs from the flesh.
- Place the chicken skin-side up in a pan just large enough to hold it.
- Whizz the marinade ingredients in a small blender and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge, turning over once.
- Remove from the marinade and pat dry. Barbecue on a hot plate on medium heat, skin-side up, for about 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over, cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until cooked through, or the internal temperature is 74°C. Remove to a platter. Cover and stand for 10 minutes before carving. Great garnished with extra rosemary.
Make sure you check out more Selaks Roast Day recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it