Roast Chicken with Ricotta & Herb Stuffing
- 1 size 14 chicken
- 100g ricotta, drained in a sieve for 15 minutes
- Finely grated rind 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, peeled & crushed
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 25g butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 100ml dry white wine eg Selaks Chardonnay
- Preheat oven to 190°C (fanbake). Discard any fat from inside the chicken. Rinse thoroughly inside and out. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, lemon rind, rosemary, garlic, parmesan, salt and pepper. Using your fingers, make a pocket each side of the chicken breast between the skin and flesh. Tuck the stuffing in, massaging it into shape. Truss or tie the chicken with string to keep a good shape.
- Put the chicken in a shallow roasting pan just large enough to hold it. Brush with the melted butter. Season. Add a ½ cup of stock. Pour the wine over the chicken. Roast for about 1 ¼ hours, until golden and cooked through. Baste often, occasionally adding more stock to keep the pan moist.
- When chicken is cooked, baste again, then transfer to a plate. Tent with foil and rest for 10-15 minutes. Scoop any fat from the pan. Add a ½ cup of stock and bring to the boil. Cut the chicken into joints and arrange on a hot platter. Pour the hot stock over the chicken and serve.
Make sure you check out more Selaks Roast Day recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it