Beef and Horseradish Slow Cooker Stew
Diced beef are perfect to use in stews
- 1-1.5KG Diced Beef
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 350ml Guinness stout
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 3 Carrots,peeled and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 2 Parsnips,peeled and cut in to 1 inch pieces
- 800g Potato’s, quartered
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 tsp Fresh Sage
- 2 Tbsp Beef Stock
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1-2 Tbsp Minced horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Soften Butter
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour.
- Brown Beef with salt/pepper and move to slow cooker.
- Pour beef broth into pan to loosen browned bits.
- Add carrots/parsnips/potato’s/onion/garlic/sage/beef stock and tomato paste to slow cooker with the browned beef.
- Cook on low 7-7 ½ hours
- Mix butter/flour to form pastry ball.
- Add pastry ball and horseradish.
- Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it