Best Ever Bacon, Mushroom and Tomato Brunch Croissants
Whip up these delicious croissants for breakfast in the weekend or a special occasion.
- 4 x Fresh Croissants
- 2 tablespoon of Olive oil or butter
- 1 x 250g pack of Meadows White/Brown Button Mushrooms
- 8 x Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 x packet of your favourite Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to around 150 degrees and prepare the croissants by cutting in half across the middle. Heat oil in the pan and add the sliced mushrooms. Stirring constantly. Continue to cook until the moisture from the mushrooms is absorbed and they just start to brown (5-10 minutes).
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill. Cook bacon till crisp and tomatos until starting to colour. Add Croissants to the oven and heat croissants for 2-3 minutes.
- With a fork, mash a cherry tomato into the bottom half of the croissant. Top with two rashers of bacon then mushrooms.
- Serve with a side or sliced avocado or a dash of Anathoth Tomato Relish.
Hints and tips
- In a rush? Using Meadows sliced mushrooms can help save you time
- We recommend a free-range farmed bacon e.g. Freedom farms
- Try using mini-croissants as part of a bigger breakfast
- Try adding a smear of cream cheese to your croissants to add extra creamy richness or even some cheese
- Add a side of scrumptious scrambled eggs made with a little cream as a treat! Here is a recipe: BBC Good Food Perfect scrambled eggs
- Croissants are perfect with coffee, as the French have them! Or with a little sparkling wine to brighten your occasion
Make sure you check out more Meadows recipes on their website.
Recipe by: Meadow Mushrooms
Liked this recipe? rate and share it