Chinese Beef and Broccoli
Stir fry is a quick and delicious dinner option
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp dark Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry Sherry
- 1/8 Chinese five spice
- 1/8 tsp Black pepper
- 4-5 cups Broccoli florets (1 ½ heads)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger, grated
- 360g Beef stir-fry
- Place the water and cornflour in a jar and shake to combine.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients to jar and shake.
- Place beef and 2 tbsp of the sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- Steam or par boil Broccoli.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in wok or pan on high till smoking.
- Add beef and sear quickly until browned, remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil into wok then add ginger and garlic, cook for 20- 30 seconds. Add broccoli and stir quickly.
- Shake jar and pour into wok.
- Stir-fry for 30 seconds until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it