- 350g Sweet Shortcrust Pastry or 3 sheets Edmonds sweet short pastry, thawed
- 1 cup Christmas Mincemeat
- 2–3 Tbsp milk
- Caster sugar
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- On a lightly fl oured board, rollout the sweet shortcrust pastry to 3mm thickness or use theready-rolled pastry sheets. Cutout rounds with a 7cm cutter and the same number of tops with a 6cm cutter. You shouldget about 16 of each.
- Fit the larger circles of pastry into patty tins and put about 1 tablespoon of mincemeat into each.
- Brush the edges of the baseswith milk and place the tops on,pressing gently to seal the edges.
- Brush the tops with milk, sprinkle with a little caster sugar and make a small slit in the tops.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly browned, then remove from the tins to cool on a rack.Dust with icing sugar.
- Before serving, reheat in a low140˚C oven for 15 minutes or until warm.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it