Coconut Chicken for Two
A full-flavoured meal that will tickle those taste buds
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 250g skinned & boned chicken breasts
- 4 cups finely shredded crisp lettuce
- 6cm telegraph cucumber, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, halved & seeded
- 1 red chilli (optional), sliced
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Combine the coconut milk, lime juice, brown sugar and salt to make a yummy dressing. Halve the chicken breasts lengthwise and place in a small baking pan. Cover with half the dressing.
- Bake for 20 minutes — turning once — or until cooked.
- Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add the cucumber.
- Using a small heart-shaped biscuit cutter or aspic cutter, cut hearts from the capsicum. Add to the salad with the remaining ingredients.
- Thinly slice the chicken and add to the salad. Sprinkle with half the remaining coconut dressing and gently toss. Serve in two bowls with the remaining dressing on the side.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it