- 4x eggs
- 200g white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (or vanilla extract)
- 100g dark chocolate chopped or grated
- 250g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 2x packets of Griffin’s Gingernuts Originals
- 300ml Orange juice
- Crack the eggs into a heat resistant bowl, then add sugar, vanillasugar (or vanilla extract) and dark chocolate. Stir well.
- Put the bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the egg mixturecontinuously over the steam for 10 minutes - don’t stop because itmay scramble! Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat the butter and caster sugar until light and fl uffy (approx. 5mins). Whisk in the cooled chocolate mixture untilcombined. Pop back into the fridge until completely cooled.
- Dip 6 of the Gingernuts into the orange juice and arrangethem in a 3x2 rectangle on a serving board or plate.
- Evenly spread some of the chocolate fi lling over the dippedbiscuits. The fi lling should be a little less than 5mm thick.
- Repeat these steps 4 & 5 until all the biscuits are used up (will make 7 layers of bikkies).
- Once the log is assembled, spread the remaining fi lling over the whole log.Refrigerate for a few hours so that the topping becomes firm.
- Gently cover the log with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of days before serving, or overnight if you can resist.
Recipe by: Griffin's
Liked this recipe? rate and share it