Tasty Herb Roast Chicken Recipe
Fresh whole chicken recipe from FreshChoice
- 1 x #16 or #18 whole chicken
- 2-3 tablespoons rice bran oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon each: chopped fresh rosemary, oregano, thyme
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- assorted vegetables, optional.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Pat the chicken dry. Sprinkle inside and out with salt and pepper.
- To make stuffing, sauté the onion in 1 tablespoon of the oil, until soft. Combine with the herbs, breadcrumbs and egg. Fill the cavity of the chicken with the stuffing. Tie the bird neatly with string. Place in a roasting pan the drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Roast for about 1 ½ hours or according to the packet instructions. Peeled potatoes, kumara, pumpkin, parsnip and/or quartered red onions could be added about 45 minutes before the end of cooking.
Serves 4-6. Made in approximately 1 ¾ hours.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it