A favourite for sharing with friends and families
- 500g Quality Mark beef or lamb mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (2 slices of bread made into crumbs)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp beef stock powder
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp grated tasty cheese
- Buns and salad for serving
- In a bowl, mix together the mince, breadcrumbs, onion, herbs, salt, tomato sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, stock powder and egg.
- Divide the mixture into 6 tennis ball sized pieces.
- Press a tablespoon of grated cheese together to form a disc. Place the cheese disc into the centre of each ball of mince and shape the burger around the cheese.
- Grill, fry or barbecue approx. 4 minutes each side or until the mince is cooked through.
- Serve in a bun with your favourite salad ingredients and sauce.
Find more Beef + Lamb NZ recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it