Raspberry and Pistachio Semifreddo
Tastes like summer!
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks, extra
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Chelsea Caster Sugar
- 500g frozen raspberries + extra for garnish
- 2 cups cream
- Combine eggs, extra yolks, vanilla extract and Chelsea Caster Sugar in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk for 5 minutes or until frothy. The heat helps to increase the volume of the whipped mixture.
- Remove from heat and beat with an electric mixer until thick and pale.Lightly crush 300g of mixed berries and pistachios and fold through egg mixture.
- Beat cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold through egg mixture.
- Line a 26cm x 10cm loaf pan with plastic wrap. Lay remaining berries at base of pan.
- Pour over Semifreddo. Cover with foil and freeze overnight.
- Remove from pan and decorate with berries. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Liked this recipe? rate and share it