Spicy Sausage Stew
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 lean beef sausages
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 eggplant or zucchini, 1 cm dice
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes (can be replaced with curry powder)
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 250ml (1 cup) Campbell’s Real Stock - Chicken
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until evenly browned. Remove and put on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add onion, garlic and eggplant (or zucchini) to pan. Cook stirring often, for 5 minutes or until eggplant (or zucchini) is golden. Stir in chilli and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add Campbell’s Real Stock and bring to the boil. Spoon mixture into slow cooker. Add sausages. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Stir in parsley before serving season with pepper.
Serving suggestion: mashed potato, steamed vegetables and crusty bread.
Serves 2. Made in 4-6 hours.
For more Campbell's recipes and inspiration check out campbellskitchen.co.nz/recipes.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it