Thai Quinoa Salad
Tasty and healthy
- 3/4 cup plain quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup each: chopped asparagus or green beans, shredded carrot, sliced baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, diced
- 1/4 cup each: basil & coriander leaves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons each: soy sauce, white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
3-4 tablespoons water
Rinse the quinoa under cold water. Place in a saucepan with the 1 1/2 cups of water and the red curry paste. Cover and simmer until the quinoa is cooked, about 15 minutes. Stand until cool then fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, quickly blanch the asparagus or beans. Refresh in icy water. Place in a large bowl with the quinoa and other vegetables and herbs. Whisk the dressing ingredients adding enough water to thin. Drizzle over the salad.
Can prepare the night before and add dressing before serving. Serves 4-6. Made in 25 minutes.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it