Get into the Halloween spirit with toffee apples!
- 15 fresh apples
- 350ml water
- 400g caster sugar
- 350g golden syrup
- Food colouring (optional)
- Ice cream sticks
- Insert ice cream sticks into the middle of the whole stemmed apples.
- Lightly grease two baking trays.
- Over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, golden syrup and water in a medium saucepan. Heat until the mixture is between 149-154 degrees. Alternatively, you can drop a small amount of mixture in cold water. If it forms hard brittle threads, it is ready.
- Remove from heat and add 8-10 drops of food colouring if desired (usually red).
- Dip apple into the mixture of coating evenly. Place on the greased trays and leave until they have set.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it