Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Muffins
A healthy and creative way to enjoy carrot cake!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ teaspoon each: salt, baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each: baking powder, ground cinnamon, vanilla essence
- 1½ cups shredded carrot
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly brush a 10/12-hole muffin tray with canola oil.
- Cream the brown sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and beat until smooth.
- Combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Sift into the wet ingredients. Stir, until just blended. Stir in the vanilla essence, grated carrot and raisins. Pour into the prepared muffin holes. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- The top can be drizzled with a little icing — combine 1 cup of sifted icing sugar with 2-3 tablespoons of water, stirring until thick but pourable.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it