Easter Egg Chocolate Cupcakes
These Easter egg chocolate cupcakes are light and fluffy, made with decadent creamy chocolate icing
- 150g butter
- 1 ½ cups Chelsea Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 100g butter, softened
- 2 cups Chelsea Icing Sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa sifted
- 2 Tbsp milk (approximately)
- Mini Easter eggs, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 190°C bake. Place 20 individual paper baking cups in cupcake pans.
- Beat butter in an electric mixer until smooth. Add Chelsea Caster Sugar and cream together. Add eggs. Mix well, then add the vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pans until they are about two-thirds full. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Leave for a few minutes, then remove onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream butter until pale and fluffy. Gradually mix in Chelsea Icing Sugar and cocoa until fully combined. Pour in milk and beat for an additional 4 minutes. Icing should spread easily; if too thick, add a little more milk.
- To decorate, spread or pipe chocolate icing thickly onto cooled cupcakes. Finish by placing mini Easter eggs on top.
For more inspirational Chelsea recipes go to their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it