All In One Breakfast Bake
Perfect for an after school snack or guests over for breakfast.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon or 100g chorizo sausage
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- 420g can Wattie's Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar*
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup reduced fat grated cheese
- 6-8 Wattie's Frozen Hash Browns
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 210°C (fan bake).
- Lay frozen Wattie's Frozen Hash Browns in a single layer in the base of a 20cm square baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Cook for 15 minutes.
- While the hash browns are cooking, prepare the filling. Heat a dash of oil in a pan.Add the onion and bacon and cook until onion is soft and bacon cooked
- . Add mushrooms and continue cooking a further minute.
- Add Wattie's Baked Beans 50% Less Added Sugar* and stir while heating.
- Spoon the hot bean mixture over the cooked hash browns.
- Make 4 indentations in the beans and break in the eggs. Scatter over grated cheese.
- Cover dish lightly with foil, avoiding it touching the eggs.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until the eggs are set to your liking.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
- If you're using a bigger dish you may like to add an extra can of Wattie's Baked Beans.
*Contains 50% less added sugar and 30% less salt than the regular Wattie's Baked Beans in tomato sauce 420g.
Make sure you check out more Wattie's Food in a Minute recipes on their website.
Liked this recipe? rate and share it